For The Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (sweet or hot)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
For The Caviar Dip:
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup whole corn kernels ( I used canned corn, but drained it first)
- 3 scallions, both white and green parts are chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, chopped finely or diced
- 3 small bell peppers, chopped (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- ½ ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- To make the dressing: Whisk together the oil, lime juice, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, honey and garlic. Set it aside.
- For the Texas Caviar dip (or salad): Place, black beans, black eyed peas, corn kernels, scallions, red onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and fresh cilantro in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Give it a gentle mix.
- Taste for seasoning and add in if necessary.
- Add in a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (if using) and serve with tortilla chips.
10 Smart Points
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.9g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.7g||16%|
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528