Really tasty! Great recipe method, though the sear on the chicken was pretty intense and a little tough. Great flavors, pantry staple ingredients, and easy process. Yum!
- 8 boneless skinless Chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoons vegetable oil, separated
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Pat the chicken thighs with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 chicken thighs, smooth-side down, and sear for 13 minutes. Don’t move the chicken around while it cooks, as it will disrupt the sear and may cause the chicken to stick to the pan.
- Rotate the pan to move the oil around to help loosen the chicken from the pan. Use a thin spatula and carefully lift the chicken and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium if oil begins to splatter. Repeat with remaining 4 chicken thighs, using the remaining tablespoon of oil as needed and transferring the remaining chicken to a plate once finished.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter and mushrooms to the pan and cook until they begin to brown and caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
4 servingsCalories: 515kcal,Carbohydrates: 4g,Protein: 45g,Fat: 29g,Saturated Fat: 15g,Cholesterol: 265mg,Sodium: 312mg,Potassium: 787mg,Sugar: 1g,Vitamin A: 625IU,Vitamin C: 2.3mg,Calcium: 42mg,Iron: 2.3mg