Great salad! Made for a dinner gathering and everyone loved it.
- 4 cups broccoli
- 3 apples
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash broccoli under running water. Cut the florets from the stalks and set the stalks aside.
- Cut the florets into very small pieces. See the photo for a visual. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the hard outer skin off of the stems to get down to the tender inside. Discard the outer peelings.
- Cut the tender inside stems into matchsticks. Or if you have a mandolin that would work well too. If your food processor has an attachment that will cut the stems into long strips (not grated) then that would work also. Scissors work too. The idea is to have very small sticks of raw broccoli stems. They will hold their shape.
- Add to the large bowl along with the florets. Add the apples, red onion, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Chill until ready to serve.
NUTRITIONServing: 1cupCalories: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 4gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 317mgPotassium: 485mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 425IUVitamin C: 59.9mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 1.5mg
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528