Nice and Easy Recipe
- 1 3 lb whole chicken cut up
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken pieces into a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. May cut super large breast pieces in half to allow for more even cooking, if needed.
- Fill a deep fryer, deep medium-large pot or dutch oven halfway with oil. Do not overfill. Heat the oil to 350°F.
- In a shallow dish or plate, sift together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cayenne.
- In a separate dish whisk together eggs with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk shaking off the excess. Dip into flour, then into egg wash then into flour again. Have nearby a pan, arrange breaded pieces on pan.
- Gently lower pieces into the hot oil a few pieces at a time skin side down. Maintain temperature while cooking to around 325-350°F.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528