CHICKEN COBB SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 6 oz bacon (6 slices) chopped and browned
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce 5 cups chopped, rinsed and dried
- 2 cooked chicken breasts from a cooked chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled (or feta cheese)
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
COBB SALAD DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove pressed or finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Sautee chopped bacon on a skillet until browned and crisp (5 min), then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool.
Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce and arrange on a platter. Arrange remaining salad ingredients (chicken, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, onion, blue cheese, and bacon) in rows over salad then sprinkle the finely chopped parsley over the salad.
Transfer dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake like crazy. Drizzle over salad just before serving or let guests add their own dressing to taste.