- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed I use garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger I use ginger paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large soup pot (I use a 6 QT), over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 5-8 minutes, while stirring occasionally, just until barely softened and very fragrant.
Stir the chicken broth, raw chicken breasts, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and salt into the soup. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes.
(while soup is cooking go ahead and chop up the broccoli and parsley, and get the peas out)
Take the chicken out of the soup and place it on a plate. Use two forks and shred the chicken or you can use a knife and chop it. Add it back into the soup pot, along with the chopped broccoli, parsley, and frozen peas.
Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with lid (optional) and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until broccoli is softened.
Leftovers store great for 4-5 days in covered containers in the fridge. I heat leftovers up in the microwave for 2 minutes, or you can heat it up on the stove.
WW Points Info :
0 Green Points
0 Blue Points
serve : 5
| Carbohydrates: 15g
| Protein: 25g
| Fat: 8g
| Saturated Fat: 1g
| Cholesterol: 62mg
| Sodium: 1493mg
| Potassium: 1009mg
| Fiber: 4g
| Sugar: 2g
| Vitamin A: 6930IU
| Vitamin C: 74mg
| Calcium: 77mg
| Iron: 2mg