- 1 1/2 pounds yellow fleshed potatoes (such as Yukon gold), peeled and sliced 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed and peeled
- Toss the potatoes in the mixture of the butter, thyme, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a metal baking pan and bake in a preheated 500F/260C over on the top-middle rack until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, per side.
- Flip the potatoes again, add the broth, lemon juice and garlic and roast for another 10 minutes
They turned out awesome!
I added the Better Than Bouillon, seasoned vegetable base, to the melted butter.
I also added those other spices and seasonings apart from the Rosmary, Thyme, Salt and Pepper (I didn’t measure 😬 I kept tasting and adding here and there).
I added more garlic cloves than the recipe said 😋and after I smashed the garlic I roughly chopped them and sprinkled them all over, added a little more Chicken Stock so there would be more of the “gravy” and scraped all of the burnt pieces and placed back in the oven for the last 15 min.