- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces (1-1/2 cups) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat until hot.
Add the beef and cook, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic powder and smoked paprika and cook for 30 seconds or so.
Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, macaroni, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until the macaroni is tender and the sauce has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese until well blended and melted.
Divide mixture evenly among six plates or bowls. Sprinkle with scallions.
WW friendly :
Serving size: 1 cup
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)