- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces (1-1/2 cups) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic powder and smoked paprika and cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, macaroni, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until the macaroni is tender and the sauce has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese until well blended and melted.
- Divide mixture evenly among six plates or bowls. Sprinkle with scallions.
WW friendly :
Serving size: 1 cup
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)