- 2 packages of dried ramen noodles – $1.40
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavoured oil – $0.24
- 1 heaping tablespoon of finely chopped ginger -$0.10
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped – $0.16
- 2 green onions chopped and white and green parts separated – $0.13
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into rounds – $0.17
- 1/2 head of broccoli cut into florets – $0.65
- 1/2 a red pepper cubed – $0.58
- 1/2 a zucchini chopped – $0.33
FOR THE STIR FRY SAUCE
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable stock – $0.11
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce – $0.15
- 1 ½ tablespoons molasses – $0.26
- 1 tablespoon sriracha – $0.08
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch – $0.06
Put a pot of water on to boil for the noodles. Meanwhile, chop all your veggies and combine the ingredients for the stir fry sauce.
When the water is boiling, add the noodles and boil just until the noodles separate but are still chewy – just a minute or so. It’s important to undercook the noodles as they will continue cooking in the sauce. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking processes. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and white and light green parts of the green onions. Fry, stirring constantly, for 10-15 seconds or until soft and fragrant but not browning.
Add the carrots and broccoli. Stir fry until beginning to soften. Add the red pepper and zucchini and continue stir frying until all the veggies are crisp-tender.
Add the noodles to the pan and pour in the sauce. Simmer, stirring, until the sauce is thick and covers the noodles and veggies. Stir in the green tops of the green onions and serve.
| Protein: 12g
| Fat: 19g
| Saturated Fat: 5g
| Sodium: 2423mg
| Potassium: 886mg
| Fiber: 6g
| Sugar: 14g
| Vitamin A: 8235IU
| Vitamin C: 129.4mg
| Calcium: 116mg
| Iron: 4.4mg
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528