- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 2 anaheim chile peppers
- 1 California green chile pepper
- 1 Jalapeno chile pepper
- 6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Roast the chile peppers by broiling or cooking over a flame until the skin is blackened.
- Let them sit in a bowl covered in plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Peel the blackened skin off the peppers, then remove the seeds and chop.
- Use a 9 x 6 inch casserole dish for a thick casserole you can cut into squares. Use an 8 x 12 inch casserole dish for a thinner casserole better for tortilla chips.
- Spread the chili peppers in a casserole pan and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Combine the eggs, milk, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl, and mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the chile peppers and cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, jalapenos, avocado, green onions or other toppings.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
SATURATED FAT: 5g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 3g