- 2 cans chickpeas (approx. 30 oz total)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (sweet mini peppers work too)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado (plus extra to taste)
EASY MEDITERRANEAN MARINADE/DRESSING:
- 2.5 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice (squeezed from 1 large or two small lemon)
- 1/2–1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2–1 tsp parsley plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus extra as desired)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- optional extra: crumbled feta cheese
Drain and rinse chickpeas.
Chop your peppers, tomato, and cucumber, and toss them in a bowl.
Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container and either shake or whisk to incorporate. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
Pop the bowl in the fridge, covered, for a few hours to let the fabulous flavors of the marinade get better acquainted with your veggies or enjoy right away.
Peel and chop avocado just before serving, and add to the salad. I like to toss my avocado in a little lemon juice with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from browning.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
7 Smart Points
AMOUNT PER SERVING:
SERVINGS : 8 SERVINGS
CALORIES 250CALORIES FROM FAT 99
% DAILY VALUE*
SATURATED FAT 1G6%
VITAMIN A 1280IU26%
VITAMIN C 55.4MG67%