- 1 cup dry orzo
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh oregano
Prepare orzo according to directions on package, drain (I recommend tossing with just a little olive oil).
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat to about 400 degrees. Meanwhile chop ingredients for salsa.
Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.Brush clean grill grates lightly with olive oil then place salmon on grill (close lid) grill until cooked though, about 3 minutes per side.In a medium mixing bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, kalamata olives, garlic, avocado, feta, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, parsley and oregano. Season with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts:Amount Per ServingCalories 677Calories from Fat 396% Daily Value*Fat 44g68%Saturated Fat 7g44%Cholesterol 132mg44%Sodium 476mg21%Potassium 744mg21%Carbohydrates 37g12%Fiber 5g21%Sugar 4g4%Protein 42g84%Vitamin A 695IU14%Vitamin C 15.9mg19%Calcium 170mg17%Iron 3.4mg19%