- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ cups carrots, diced
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 tabelspoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups Chicken broth,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup dry Acini De Pepe Pasta
- 8 oz. fresh Spinach
- ½ lb. ground beef, 80% lean
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 egg, beate
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated into a powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
Gently combine the meatball ingredients. Don’t overwork the meat.
Roll the meat into 1-inch balls.
Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add the olive oil.
Brown the meatballs in batches for about 3 minutes, until all sides are brown.
Remove the meatballs from the pot and add the onions, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, saute for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth. Run a silicone spatula along the bottom of the pot to release the brown bits, his helps mitigate the burn indicator that we tend to see with Instant Pots.
Add the Italian seasoning and meatballs.
Close the lid and seal the valve. Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.
Flip the quick release valve and allow the steam to escape.
Add the acini de pepe and press the saute button. Cook for 9 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, garnish with fresh Parmesan and parsley, and serve!
Saturated Fat: 6g,
Vitamin A: 8126IU,
Vitamin C: 38mg,