12 ounces of fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
3 slices of bacon
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 cup of milk
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the 3 slices of bacon.
- Remove the bacon and drain the bacon on paper towels. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- To the skillet with the bacon drippings, add the corn, onions and red bell peppers.
- Saute over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the corn begins to brown.
- Add the flour. Reduce the heat to medium low and continue cooking for a few minutes, just long enough to cook out the “flour” taste.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add the parsley.
- Continue cooking over medium low heat until the corn thickens up. Add salt and pepper to taste.