- 1 1/2 Cup Roasted Sweet Potato Mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Milk I used almond mmilk
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil Can use coconut oil or EVOO too
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour Plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Plus extra for topping
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips Plus 2 Tbsp for topping
Roast ~4 medium-sized sweet potatoes at 375 degrees F for 45 mins. (Poke holes in sweet potatoes with a fork and place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.) Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and mash out 1 ½ cups of the sweet potato leaving no chunks! I wanted mine pureed so I used my food processor for this step.
Change heat to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray the inside of them with nonstick cooking spray. We don’t want them sticking to the liners!
In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, applesauce, and milk.
Mixing on low, add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly into muffin liners, top with a few chocolate chips, and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool muffins for 5 minutes and top with sea salt if desired! Store in the fridge and NOT on the counter for up to 3 days.