Stir-fry is one of the easiest dinner solutions! You can change it to suit your own tastes by adding or subtracting ingredients and adding your favorite sauce. Serve our Vegetable Stir Fry with a delightful side of brown rice and you’ve got a filling, meatless meal!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can (15 ounces) baby corn, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 medium bell peppers (1 red and 1 yellow), cut into -inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- carrots, mushrooms,
- ginger and fresh herbs!
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved liquid from the corn, the soy sauce, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the peanut oil over high heat until hot. Add the garlic, broccoli, peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the snow peas and baby corn and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the snow peas turn bright green.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints Food :
Makes 4 servings. (each serving, ~2 cups)
WW Freestyle : SmartPoints: 4