- 6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 Tbsp Land o’Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can French onion soup ( I use Campbell’s)
- 1/2 cup fat free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced fat mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan ( or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a cast iron skillet pan top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven safe baking dish-and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup onions and sauce)
GREEN: 4 Smartpoints per serving
BLUE: 2 Smartpoints per serving
PURPLE: 2 Smartpoints per serving