WHAT YOU’LL NEED :
- 12 jalapeños
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat or your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the jalapenos under cool water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to hollow out the halves by removing the seeds and membranes from the inside of the pepper. If you like things spicy, leave a few seeds in or stir some into the filling. Set the peppers aside while you make the filling.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and stir until all the lumps have been removed. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until everything has been evenly incorporated.
- Spoon approximately 1½ tbsp of filling into each hollowed out jalapeno—just enough to fill and slightly mound each one. Place in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and refrigerate until you are ready to cook them.
- Place the poppers in between the grates of the grill to hold them upright then grill 3–4 minutes or bake uncovered 20–25 minutes in the oven. Remove from heat and wait 5 minutes for the filling to set before serving. Enjoy!
NOTE (WW) :
2 SMART POINTS