Baked breakfasts like this are a great idea for when you want something hearty but don’t want a ton of cleanup. I love using a cast iron skillet, but you could even make this in a casserole dish. Whatever is your preference can work for this baked omelet recipe.
- 3 large eggs + three egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup cooked and cubed ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped peppers (I used yellow and orange)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Add the eggs, yogurt, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until blended and frothy.
- Spray a 10″ nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and turn the heat on medium-high.
- When the pan is hot, add the broccoli, onions, peppers and ham.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cook the vegetables until they are tender to your liking. I cooked mine for five minutes. Keep in mind that they’ll cook a little longer in the oven.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Sprinkle the green onions into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, making sure to get it as even as possible.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the eggs.
- Let cook for approximately one minute on the stove, and then transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs set.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and green onions on top.
WW POINT INFO:Serves: 4
3 POINTSPLUS PER SERVING
4 SMARTPOINTS PER SERVING ON BEYOND THE SCALE
2 SMARTPOINTS PER SERVING ON FLEXPLAN OR FREESTYLE PLAN
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528