Definitely delicious! I was so surprised how easy this was.
FOR THE CHICKEN MEATBALLS:
- 1 egg
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup almond meal for gluten free version (or bread crumbs if preferred)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound 93% lean ground chicken
FOR THE FRENCH ONION SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese (see Note about cheeses below)
- 6 ounces shredded Havarti cheese (see Note about shredding the Havarti, below)
TO MAKE THE MEATBALLS:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients: ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, almond meal, fresh chopped parsley, chopped onion, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is combined.
- Using a 1½ – inch scoop, form meatballs and place them evenly spaced on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature is 165F.
TO MAKE THE FRENCH ONION SAUCE:
- While the meatballs are baking: In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Add onions and cook until very soft and golden, 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the minced garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add beef broth, fresh thyme, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the baked meatballs to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the meatballs and cover the pan until it melts, about 3-5 minutes. Serve them warm, and garnish with fresh thyme.
Omg this was so good. Toasted french bread and poured over it 😛
WW Point Info:
5 Smart Points
3 MeatballsAmount Per ServingCalories 200Total Fat25gSaturated Fat3gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat15gCholesterol115mgSodium1092mgCarbohydrates7gNet Carbohydrates5gFiber2gSugar3gProtein30g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528