- 2 lbs Beef Chuck Roast cut into 2-inch chunks, excess fat removed
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat for non-gluten
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion Chopped Large
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Large Carrot or two small-medium, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes diced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Season the beef chunks on all sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour over and toss the seasoned beef to coat it on all sides
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the beef in batches, on all sides, for 3-4 minutes per batch. Don’t worry about cooking the beef all the way through at this stage. Transfer the browned beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, and carrots to the Dutch oven, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Add the potatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce, and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring, and return the beef to the pot. Cover the Dutch oven, and transfer to the preheated oven
- Cook the stew for 2-2.5 hours, or until the beef is very tender. Remove the bay leaf. Taste the stew and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve warm.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 936mg | Potassium: 972mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2223IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 6mg
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528