INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce chopped in approximately 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper diced in 1/4-inch pieces**, any color (I used orange)
- ½ medium red onion diced in 1/4-inch pieces**
- ½ medium jicama peeled and diced in 1/4-inch pieces**
- 1 medium zucchini diced in 1/4-inch dice**
- 4 medium tomatoes seeded and diced into 1/4-inch dice**
- 4 ears corn if fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 1/2 cups of sweet, tiny frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans drained and rinsed
For the dressing, combine lime juice, honey, cumin garlic and salt.
In a slow, steady stream, add the oils, stirring continuously with a fork or small whisk.
Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
For the salad, place corn, two ears at a time, in the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes.Remove from microwave with a hot pad and allow to cool for 5 minutes.After cooling, cut bottom end of corn off, about 1 1/2 inches from end. Pull back husk and silks (almost all of the silk should easily pull away). Cut kernels from husks and set aside.
7 Smart Points
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
- Saturated fat1g
- Vitamin A960%
- Vitamin C28.1%
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528