- 3/4 cup (90 gr) very finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 226 gr) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (75 gr) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups (260 gr) all-purpose flour
- Toasting the pecans is optional, but highly recommended. It really brings out the flavors of the pecans. Place them in a dry pan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until they smell fragrant and nutty. This will take about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl to cool while you prepare the dough.
- Finely chop the pecans with a knife or place in a food processor and pulse a few times until very finely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (170 C). Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter with the powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. About 90 seconds on medium-high speed.
- Add the salt and flour into the mixing bowl and mix until just incorporated. This should only take about 45 seconds of mixing. Do not over-mix. Add the cooled toasted pecans to the bowl and mix until just incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to scoop out the cookie dough, about 1 TBSP each. Roll into balls and place on the parchment lined baking sheets. The cookies will not spread much so you can put up to 20 cookies per sheet pan.
- Bake one sheet pan at a time at 350 F (170 C) for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned on the bottoms and are set. The tops will not brown much.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes on the baking sheets then roll in powdered sugar while still warm. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, roll in powdered sugar again.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528