- 18-20 (about 4lbs) chicken wings
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup bourbon (I used Honey Bourbon)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime or lemon
- – Start by rinsing and cutting the chicken wings however you choose. (I like to keep just the drumlet and wing…throwing away the winglet as it has very little meat on it and tends to burn easily)
- – In a large mixing bowl measure out all the dry spices and ingredients (i.e- brown sugar, paprika, lemon pepper, onion powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, cayenne and corn starch and mix them all together.
- – Next mix in all the wet ingredients (honey, bourbon and lime/lemon juice) and stir well.
- – Add the chicken wings to the marinade and mix them around till they are all coated. (You can do this in a ziplock bag too). Allow the chicken to marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes but preferably a few hours.
- – Pre-heat your oven to 400F and arrange the chicken on a raised rack (if you have one) over a foil lined baking sheet and pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. (If you don’t have a raised rack…simply double line a baking sheet and place the chicken directly on it)
- – Bake the chicken wings for about 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven) turning them over half way through the cooking process, until they are golden brown with crispy burnt bits on it.
- – Serve the Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings hot with lime wedges and plenty of napkins!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528