- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 (5 ounce) package blue cheese crumbles
- Place a silpat mat or a sheet of parchment paper on the counter top to dry the pecans.
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add pecans, sugar and salt. Stir until pecans are well coated. Stir until the sugar caramelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread onto silpat or parchment paper. Separate pecans. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile: in a pint size mason jar combine dressing ingredients. Seal and shake until well combined. Set aside on the counter.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach, onions, strawberries and blueberries. Pour about 1/2 of dressing over salad, and toss. Top with avocado, cheese and candied nuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving (or serve immediately).
- Serve with the remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528