- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato) OR 1 14-ounce can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
- 8 oz of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
- 1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use a firm white fish such as halibut, cod, red snapper, or sea bass), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
1 Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
2 Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add seasoning (oregano, thyme, Tabasco). Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Great served with crusty bread for dipping in the fish stew broth.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528