6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pound baby Portobello mushrooms
3/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 tablespoon all purpose white flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon light butter, made with canola oil
1/2 cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
Fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to a 1/2 inch thickness. It works best if you work on one at a time.
- Place all chicken breasts in a large gallon size zip plastic bag and add Italian dressing. Marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the zip bag and throw away the left over dressing.
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and coat all sides of each chicken breast with the mixture. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you may need to make another batch of mixture.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Place 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the butter into the skillet and cook on both sides until browned over medium high heat.
- Transfer to a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken broth and wine to the cooking skillet, using a whisk to loosen up any browned bits in the pan. This is where a lot of the flavor comes from.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes, then strain the bits out of the sauce with a strainer.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
Recipe serves 6 and is 4 points per serving
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528