- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 oz) can diced canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more)
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain all fat from skillet and return beef/onions to skillet.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilies/jalapenos and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & Freeze for later OR cook as directed below…).
- (Thaw overnight if frozen) Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc…
- Slice the casserole into 6 equal portions. Serving size is 1 slice.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
POINTS: BLUE POINTS: 6; GREEN POINTS: 8; PURPLE POINTS: 6 POINTS PLUS: 9
Serving Size: 1/6th of the pan
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 8.2
- Fat: 5.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.2
- Carbohydrates: 52.3
- Fiber: 10.4
- Protein: 26.7