- 2 cups apples or 3 medium size apples
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cups zero point granulated white or brown sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel, core and dice apples into bite size pieces.
- Then place cored, peeled, diced apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add diced apples, water, sugar substitute, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into a medium saucepan.
- Stir to combine then bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir often.
- Once it starts to boil, let it boil for a full two minutes. (this will thicken the sauce)
- Cover and simmer. Stir often, until apples soften, about 5 minutes.
- Use immediately for your recipe, or store in an air tight container in the refrigerate for 5-7 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Makes 6 ( 1/2 cup) servings
GREEN: ZERO SmartPoints per serving
BLUE: ZERO SmartPoints per serving
PURPLE: ZERO SmartPoints
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 61
TOTAL FAT: 0g
SATURATED FAT: 0g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 0g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 15g
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/easyrecipes7.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-child/single.php on line 528